Ministry of Education Resources available at: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/
- Caring and Safe Schools in Ontario: Supporting Students With Special Education Needs Through Progressive Discipline, Kindergarten to Grade 12 sets out a framework that system and school leaders may use to strengthen schools’ ability to provide a caring and safe environment with respect to students with special education needs.
- Learning for All – A Guide to Effective Assessment and Instruction for All Students, Kindergarten to Grade 12, 2013
- Regulation 181/98 of The Education Act, for Identification And Placement of Exceptional Pupils
- Regulation 306/90 of the Education Act, for Special Education Programs and Services
- Regulation 464/97 of the Education Act, for the establishment of Special Education Advisory Committees (See also Appendix 1)
- Shared Solutions, A Guide to Preventing and Resolving Conflicts Regarding Programs and Services for Students with Special Education Needs (2007)
- Special Education A Guide for Educators (2001), Section A, Legislation and Policy, Advisory Committees on Special Education, Page 26-29.
- Standards for School Boards’ Special Education Plans (2000)
- The Individual Education Plan (IEP) A Resource Guide (2004)
Other Ministry of Education resources including, Standard Documents and Resource Guides are available on the Ministry of Education Website at http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/parents/speced.html
For more information on SEAC and links to school board SEAC resources, check the SEAC webpage at: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/general/elemsec/speced/seac/
For copies of all Memoranda sent from the Ministry to school boards, check the website: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/policyfunding/memos/ Note that Memo are sorted by date, so check the most recent months.
For copies of Minister’s Advisory Council on Special Education (MACSE) membership List, Appointment Process and Annual Reports check website at: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/general/abcs/acse/acse_eng.html
For a copy of the most recent Ministry of Education Special Education Update, check the Special Education page under Additional Information on Special Education at: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/parents/speced.html
Additional Ministry of Education developed resources can be found at on the EduGAINS website including: Autism Spectrum Disorders, Individual Education Plans & Transitions, Learning Disability and SEAC at: http://www.edugains.ca/newsite/SpecialEducation/index.html
- Leading Effective Meetings: Making Basic Parliamentary Procedure Work, Attachment 2, On-line pdf file, Northeast College, Houston Community College, Student Services Department U
- Procedures for meetings, Fact Sheet, 1996, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Robert’s rules of order: Newly revised, 11th Edition. To order copies: http://www.robertsrules.com/
- The A-B-C’s of Parliamentary Procedures, A Scriptographic Booklet, (1974) Scriptographic Communications, Ltd. To order copies: http://shop.channing-bete.com/onlinestore/storeitem.html?iid=165790